I’m going to just say it: I don’t really like Christmas. — I know!
I hear the hissing and the snowballs flying toward me right now. Call me a Grinch, whatever, but I don’t ever get into the spirit of Christmas. I have my reasons varying from disliking the music to the materialism of the holiday. The abrasive cheerfulness that’s not genuine and seems to permeate out of everyone. Ew.
To the defense of Christmas, there are some things that I do like about this time of year and this year, I will be putting most of my cynicism on hold and enjoying the sides of the holiday that make me happy. Don’t expect me to sprout a red nose and lead Santa’s sleigh, though.
Truth be told, my re-interest in Christmas is all thanks to Pinterest.
… oh jeez, I’m rhyming. Quick! On to the things I like about Christmas –
Decor and DIY:
- 5 Easy DIY Christmas Decorations (cozybliss.com)
- Christmas Ornament (craftori.com)
- Loopy Wool Felt Wreath (allfreeholidaycrafts.com)
- 48 Gorgeous Holiday Mantel Decorating Ideas (midwestliving.com)
- 100 Christmas Holiday Cookie Ideas (bystephanielynn.com)
- Bacon Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus (howsweeteats.com)
- Bite-Sized Appetizers Make for a Lip-Smackin’ Good Holiday (advice.annsbridalbargains.com)
- Santa Hat Brownies (daisysworld.net)
Fashion and Beauty:
ISSA London vintage cocktail dress / Jigsaw green coat, $415 / Wallis gold high heels / Green high heels / Michael Kors shoulder bag, $460 / Gorjana gold plated jewelry / NARS Cosmetics lip stick / NARS Cosmetics / 7.5-Foot GE Just Cut Blue Green Frasier Pre-Lit Xmas Tree 800… / Roses in Porcelain Vase / Beyond the Page Script Merry Christmas
What are your favorite parts of the Christmas season?