When someone mentions tools, I instantly think of names in my phone to call; people that are handier with tools than I. It’s not unusual to stumble across contacts with suffixes like “handy with car” and “plunger royalty” scattered throughout. It’s not that I don’t know how to use tools, it’s just that… ‘you see the way my bank account is set up. I’ve got a checking and a savings…‘ Ha! But seriously, I’m not afraid of grabbing some tools and getting handy, so I’ve complied a list of some tools that are essential for the single girl.
- Hammer & nails: Hanging those pictures or your artwork has never been easier. If hitting your fingers is a concern, place the nail in the teeth of a comb to hold it in place while you drive in the nail. There’s no use in messing up your manicure after all.
- Power drill: This comes in handy when you need more oomph than a hammer and nails. Yes, it may be loud but it can help you put in door locks, curtain rods and shelves. Don’t fear the power of the drill.
- Adjustable wrench: If you find yourself with a leaking faucet, don’t worry your handy head about it when you have this tool. With an adjustable wrench you can tighten every bolt in every size around your house.
- Allen wrench set: We’ve all seen these odd wrenches, that accompanies the indecipherable instructions when it is time to assemble furniture. Investing in a set of these wrenches will ensure that even if they aren’t included in the packaging, piecing together your new entertainment center is a cinch.
- Interchangeable-head screwdriver: Like the adjustable wrench, a screwdriver with interchangeable heads makes sure you can accommodate any sized or shaped screw. Flathead or Phillips head, you’ve got it.
- Tape measure: What’s the use of getting items for your house if you can’t fit it in the intended room? A flexible metal tape measure is perfect for determining what size curtains you’ll need for the living room or finding out if you really will be able to fit that new bed in your room comfortably.